Thank you for your interest in the first statewide Ohio Vegfest. This event is sure to be a a family favorite for years to come and showcase the best in plant-based food, products, and education. Please take a look at the vendor information and fill out the registration form below if you are interested in being a vendor at our event. Your application will be reviewed and you will receive a response as the event draws closer.
- This event is organized by the Columbus Veg Community (CVC), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- The Ohio VegFest will take place on Sunday September 17th, 2017, from 10am to 6pm, at Goodale Park. The address is 120 W Goodale St, Columbus, OH 43215. The set-up time is 6-10 am, and the tear-down and clean-uptime is 6-7:30pm. All vendors are required to set up by 9:30am for city inspections. A detailed loading/unloading plan and the exact location of your booth will be announced closer to the event date.
- Early Bird Rates until May 31st 2017:
$80 for non-profit vendors
$100 for for-profit non-food vendors
$120 for for-profit food vendors and food trucks
- Standard Rates beginning June 1st2017:
$100 for non-profit vendors
$120 for for-profit non-food vendors
$140 for for-profit food vendors and food trucks
- The registration deadline is August 1st, 2017 or until all spots are taken.
- Once you are approved as a vendor, you can mail a check made payable to Columbus Veg Community at PO Box 10071, Columbus, OH 43201, or pay online through PayPal (http://www.ohiovegfest.org/donate) and add 2.2% plus $0.30 PayPal fee, or arrange drop off (cash or check) in person.
Licensing and food-specific rules:
- All vendors making taxable sales are encouraged to have either a transient vendor license or seller license for tax purposes. Please refer to the Department of Taxation (http://www.tax.ohio.gov/sales_and_use/license.aspx) for more information.
- All food vendors need either a mobile food service license (for food trucks) or temporary food service license per city rules. Non-food vendors handing out food items also need a temporary food service license. We will provide you the application form. We need confirmation that you have applied for this license before we can include you in the event program.
- Warming up food using electrical appliances or chafing dishes (as long as solid fuels such as Sterno are used) is allowed under tents. Open flame methods such as gas burners, deep fryers, or grills are only allowed outside of tents and with metal covering. You will also need an appropriate fire extinguisher. We will provide further details and discuss this with you before you decide what heat source you will use.
- Food vendors will be inspected by the Columbus Public Health Department.
- Food vendors are responsible for bringing water needed for the operation and grease/gray water collection. Dumping liquid waste on site is prohibited.
- Food vendors are encouraged to have enough products for the entire duration of the event. Restocking is allowed and encouraged.
- No vendor may leave prior to 6pm unless previously agreed upon with Ohio VegFest organizers. Leaving early will prevent your organization from participation in future CVC events not limited to the Ohio VegFest.
Utilities and miscellaneous information:
- This is an outdoor venue. Each vendor space is 10' x 10'. You are required to bring your own tent and anything else you need.
- To comply with the city fire code, we ask that you please check the sewn-in identification label on your tent or other certificate to make sure that your tent is fire resistant. This is pretty standard for tents. Tents also cannot have more than two side panels. All tents will be inspected by the Division of Fire.
- We can provide 8' plastic tables for $12 each and plastic folding chairs for $3 each.
- We encourage exhibitors to do without electricity, but we can provide electrical access for $180 per vendor. We will provide an Electrical Requirement Form for you to fill out so we can better distribute the supply. You are required to bring your own extension cords.
- We want this event to be as low waste as possible, and we ask that vendors be mindful of packaging and serveware materials. No Styrofoam allowed.
- All exhibitors are required to clean up after themselves. Failure to do so will jeopardize your chance of future participation.
- Parking at meters around the park is free on Sundays.
- Smoking is not permitted within the park.
- This event will occur rain or shine. If it has to be canceled last minute due to inclement weather (e.g. tornadoes, snow storms, severe flooding, etc.), all fees are not refundable. However, we will give you priority for a spot next year.
- Photos will be taken for the purpose of advertising and marketing. Vendors will not be notified or consulted prior to releasing the photos.
- CVC reserves the right to alter any element of your exhibition or remove you entirely without refund if you, or your exhibition, are causing problems for the event.
- The terms are subject to change. We will do our best to notify all affected parties. If you have any concerns, please communicate with us as soon as possible.
If you are interested in being a vendor, please fill out and submit the form below. The contact person needs to be available via phone during the event for emergency situations. By filling out this form you agree to the terms and conditions outlined above.